Sunday, May 6, 2007

Hi! I was thinking of exploring the Church's influence over the literature we read as my topic. I hope to come up with some interesting facts, but I am still researching. I thought Westminster Abbey would be a good place to visit- there is an admission fee for the abbey, but parts of it are free to the public. Good idea/bad idea?

Also, is anyone interested in taking a side trip to Bath on the weekend? I work for Marriott, so I may be able to get some good deals on a hotel for a night, and I found some pretty cheap train tickets online. -KL

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I would be interested. Would this interfere with our Othello at the Globe? I was also looking at trips like this, was this the one with Stonehenge?

Courtney

May 6, 2007 at 12:45 PM  
Blogger K. A. Laity said...

Bath is good because it can easily be combined with trips to Stonehenge (which is cool) and Avebury (which is even cooler because you can walk among the stones). Bath is great for the Roman history (including the baths, of course, and for all the Jane Austen locations).

Yours could be an interesting topic; you just want to be sure to narrow it sufficiently to a time period or type of literature to keep it from becoming too large a topic.

May 7, 2007 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home