Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Story on MSN about Americans in the UK

I read this and thought of us...

http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=388354&GT1=10040

my favorite part...

“When abroad as individuals or couples, Americans are sociable, friendly and generous, but something seems to happen when Americans are abroad in groups,” says Geoff Smith, a British tech worker. “A group of Yanks is loud, raucous, insular and appears to have no interest in the local culture.”

reminds me of my run in with the "dead prostitute"

-Aaron

1 Comments:

Blogger K. A. Laity said...

The "dead prostitute" was a disappointment, but he was singular in his scathing and unprintable comments about Americans (so far!). There are always miserable people around -- I feel sorry for him. We, on the other hand, had a good laugh later and even better, had a great time at Othello!

May 31, 2007 at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home